| Oh my, I just realized that my I matured already that I'm no longer falling head over heels on fads or anything has been and have been.... In Defense of Teenage Girls Everywhere-Not Everyone Liked this Book, December 11, 2007 I cannot begin to describe how insulting this book is. Let me put it out there for the older women who have read this book, then read the doting fangirl reviews: not all of us are fooled by "hot vampire bad boys" (and I use those words loosely) and weak, insubstantial heroines. Because, for me personally, I need a solid reason for the two main characters in a novel to depend so vigorously upon each other, not just because they're "soul mates". My belief is that your soul is complete and does not need another person to fill it; so the whole soul mate thing kind of fell on deaf ears for me and their love felt random and out of place. Don't get me wrong, I'm a romantic, but this book crossed the line from romantic to foolish. And, if I remember correctly, their relationship started because Edward wanted to eat Bella so goddamn much... is that supposed to be cute? No person, fictional or otherwise, should be as pathetic and dependent as Bella Swann. It is simply a crime. As previous reviewers have stated, about all that gave her life any sort of meaning or substance was the fact that she was "in love" with a hot vampire. To Stephanie Meyer: Could Bella please get a hobby and or interest and or identity? Couldn't she, like, pick up a book or something? Or maybe an easel? A crayon at least? ANYTHING? Or--if you wish to continue with your theme of antifeminism--give the girl a proper cooking lesson? PLEASE, MRS. MEYER, GIVE THIS CHARACTER ANY SORT OF PERSONALITY!... Nope? Oh, alright. Then just throw in some quirky clumsiness, call it a day, and go eat your cheerios. Edward is simply too weak for my taste. He's whipped. Totally and utterly whipped. And, for me, any vamp that allows himself to become that whipped by a human girl is pathetic and sad. Maybe I'm weird, but a big reason as to why I like supernatural creatures is because of the danger and adventure they bring. I love their power and like to see their power demonstrated (on me, if necessary. Though, unlike Bella, I would match such power and not melt within his "amber eyes"). All I ever got from Edward was "OHMIGOD, BELLA, WE'RE SO TOTALLY IN LUV" and "NOO, BELLA, WE CAN'T BE TOGETHER BECAUSE I HAVE NO SOUL AND YOU'LL GET OLD AND WRINKLY AND DIE AND I'LL STILL BE 17" and "WOE IS ME, I HAVE NO SOUL" (and by the way, if he has been living for 100 years, I would have thought he'd gotten over/used to the concept of not having a soul. I mean, for Christ's sake, it didn't even take Louis that long to get over it) or "GRRRR, I'M ANGRY AT [insert character name here] BECAUSE THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO BELLA". Sorry, I like my characters (and vamps especially) a tad more developed. XOXO, Mehkai♥ PS: This is just a book review and I'm posting it because it's funny...my type of humour. No flagging though. |
No comments:
Post a Comment