Wednesday, September 22, 2010

stuck on accounting while wanting to be a teacher

Once upon a mundane night...

Me: (mumbles to herself while removing her online lab access code from her accounting textbook pack) Teachers! Why do they need WileyPlus when no one ever use it...wasting money. Hay! (a little louder) Because!... because of teachers this day, I want to be a teacher! I will show them how it's done.
{Teachers! Why do they need WileyPlus when no one ever use it...wasting money. Hay! Dahil sa mga teachers this day, I want to be a teacher. I will show them how it's done}

-Yea, I talk to myself because, I guess, I'm only audible to myself

Mum: (smiles) That's why you said, "I want to be a teacher!" (mimicked my apparently adolescent voice)
{Kaya nga sinabe mo, "I want to be a teacher!"}

Me: When? (looks at my mum oddly)

Mum: (mimics my  "so-called" young voice again) "I want to be a teacher!" You said in kindergarten.

-Good thing I stopped talking like that. Man, no wonder I wasn't fond of that phase. Haha, no shit my friends hate me when I try to reiterate their words

Me: I don't remember that!

-Thank shit, I don't! Jks

Mum: You were so young

Me: Still...

Mum: You even taught the class

Me: (beaming) I taught lower sections in Grade Six too — (grimace upon sudden realization — ) Because the teachers were so lazy!
{Nagturo din ako ng lower sections n'ong Grade Six — Because the teachers were so lazy}

A premise that I render would end on a positive note started negative and ended proving the negative. Hmm. I hate that I'm always right. (Tch, yea right?) Ditto?

xoxo.
Mehkai
20.09.10
Reference:
{ } actual words used
- snide remarks

No comments: