Thursday, December 13, 2007

•|"Daddy, Why?"...|•

"DADDY, WHY?"

...unethical

Canada- If people were paying attention about news lately, you would definitely saw this: A teenage girl, who refused to wear hijab, got strangled to death by his father.

Hijab or ħijāb (حجاب) is the Arabic term for "cover" (noun), based on the root حجب meaning "to veil, to cover (verb), to screen, to shelter"

In some Arabic-speaking countries and Western countries, the word hijab primarily refers to women's head and body covering, but in Islamic scholarship, hijab is given the wider meaning of modesty, privacy, and morality.[1] The word used in the Qur'an for a headscarf or veil is khimār (خمار).

I never say stuff about religion because I was too tired about it. What's the purpose religion? Dang, a lot would argue with me now, but who cares. Many might not agree, but religion was one of the prime cause of world wars.

How could you loved your religion more than your daughter?

I was reading, Quran, was pushed to by my Mustaf, and it said there that they never forced woman of anything; dress codes et al. The never promoted any violence towards women. No gender superiority. This was from Quran. I mean, I wasn't saying that Quran was all lies. But based on what the believers were doing right now, most were making Muslims sound so bad.

I took World Issues and tackled women unfairity all over the world.

Not saying countries (except for Phil).

Phil- Women, if they get caught prostituting, they get charged and fined. Men, no.

Country- If women got raped and was offered, verbally, marriage-even if it's not true-by the rapist in front of the court, the charges would be dropped.

Country-If woman got caught cheating by his husband, man has the authority to kill his wife. And yet these religion-based countries had been allowing polygamy for men. Not even polygamy, just mistresses.

There tonnes more but I forgot, and this was our only major topics.

Uhm, the dad's reason, however, was not just his daughter not wanting to wear hijab but his daughter wearing modern and regular clothes. Didn't change the fact that it was still lame. Also I learned that even if parents were really strict believers, children still have a choice. I have examples, but no mentioning names.

XOXO,

Mehkai♥

12|13|07

I dun wanna sound lyk blabbing but I'm gonna continue if I needed and feels lyk to.

Work cited: wikipedia.org

No comments: